Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Rosemary and Parsley Roast


I love that Frog Prince is creative in the kitchen.


I left him in charge of making dinner -- a dinner that we'd be sharing with our friends from Turkey.  


I told him I had a pork roast planned for the evening and that it would cook nicely in the crockpot with some carrots and potatoes.  


My vision of what dinner would look like was nothing like what it turned out to be!  Frog Prince diced up the potatoes into small cubes, and it was perfect -- a wonderful way to enjoy the potatoes.  


Plus -- he seasoned the pork loin excellently.  I don't have exact measurements of the seasoning -- Frog Prince isn't as "type-A" as I am.... but I have the spices he used, and it was the combination of spices that made it tasty.    

Rosemary and Parsley Roast  - Frog Prince
{Print Recipe}

1 porkloin
2-3 C of baby carrots
2-3 medium potatoes, cubed
Parsley
Garlic
Rosemary
Paprika

Place the cubed potatoes in the bottom of the crockpot.  Season with salt and pepper.

Carefully position the pork over the top of the potatoes.  Then, place the baby carrots in around the roast.

Sprinkle with rosemary, parsley, garlic and paprika as desired.

Cover and cook on low for 8-10 hours, until pork is tender and internal temperature reaches a safe level.


Serve warm and enjoy!


Photobucket

6 comments:

  1. Sounds delicious!! I'm seeing a lot more fall dishes lately, which does make me a bit sad about summer gone. :-( Love the roast though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love rosemary, it is one of my favorite herbs to work with. I bet this roast was so delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great job Frog Prince!!!! This roast sounds/looks soooo yummy! I can see myself making this soon along with some homemade apple sauce....nothing would be better on a cold Fall evening. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Doesnt get better than this if you ask me

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gotta love having a husband who can cook! This sounds like serious comfort food to me!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks really good. I am wanting to make some roast now!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...