Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Crockpot Baked Potatoes




These are the best baked potatoes I've ever had.  They are delightfully moist, soft and have a yummy skin.    


Not to mention they're made in the best kitchen appliance ever -- your crockpot!  Did you know that cooking in your crockpot is the most energy efficient way to cook?!  The crockpot is the least energy-consuming appliance you have, and is much better than our hummer-mimicking ovens.  

Knowing I can save energy and have a great tasting potato at the same time means I don't think I'll be going back to cooking potatoes in the oven any time soon!!


Crockpot Baked Potatoes - From Around My Family Table
{Print Recipe}

4-5 russet potatoes
1/2 T - 1 T olive oil
Sea Salt

Scrub potatoes well and pat dry.

Spray the crockpot with olive oil cooking spray.

Then, lightly coat each potato with olive oil.

Arrange the potatoes in the crockpot.


Sprinkle with sea salt.

Cover and cook on high for 4 hours, rotating potatoes a couple of times during cooking to make sure that all potatoes come into contact with the crockpot sides/bottom for a portion of the cook time.


Serve warm with desired toppings --


we love broccoli, cheese and a few bacon bits!


Photobucket

This post is linked to:
Delicious Dishes
Tasty Tuesday
Slightly Indulgent Tuesday
Ingredient Spotlight: Potatoes
URS

20 comments:

  1. Baked potatoes from the crock pot? No way! That potato looks GOOD too :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I never thought of doing potatoes like that in the crock pot! What a great idea...thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this idea, Im definitely going to try it when my Mother comes to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've never tried baking potatoes in my crockpot. Thanks for the inspiration. We're having baked potatoes later this week and I am going to give this a try. Love your toppings...looks really yummy!
    Thanks for sharing...stopping by from Tasty Tuesday. Can't wait to check out my of your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I like potatoes baked in both the oven and the crockpot. I will never eat another microwaved potato - eww, lol! GREAT post :)

    Blessings!
    Gail

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guess you do learn something new everyday. Never thought of putting potatoes in my crock pot. Thanks for the new tip! They look delicious - especially with the broccoli and CHEESE!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I started cooking baked potatoes in my crockpot a few months ago and at first i was skeptical but it really does make a great spud!

    I love not having to heat up the house with the oven turned on just to cook one or two potatoes

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'll have to try this out, I love my crock pot

    ReplyDelete
  9. thanks for sharing it will make baking potatoes so easy for me

    ReplyDelete
  10. Potatoes are AMAZING! =]

    I unfortunately do not have a crock pot. I have a rice cooker though! Does that count? haha!

    ReplyDelete
  11. oh dear. i think you just changed my life.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Yum, what a great (and easy) idea! I love CrockPot cooking!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am definately excited to try this!

    ReplyDelete
  14. I used to bake a potato in my mini crockpot in my college dorm! It was so much tastier than cafeteria food! Thanks for reminding me :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. I tried these today for lunch, and they were super delicious! I used Kosher salt instead of sea salt because that's all I had, but cooking in the crock pot and the Olive Oil coating definitely made these tender and moist! I'll always make baked potatoes like this now. :) Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Sno White, just wanted to let you know that I posted this recipe on my food blog today and linked back to your site...thanks for the great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  17. yum...thanks so much for the idea!

    alison

    ReplyDelete
  18. I've always just wrapped them in foil prior to putting in the crockpot. What a time saver to not have to do that! Thanks for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These look and sound great with all the great reviews but what if you can't be home to take care of moving the potatoes around? Also can they be cook say for 8 hours? I have to be gone this long during the day and would want them for dinner.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the question! I haven't tried them w/o rotating them, but I would think that the ones on the bottom might get a little crispy in some places. But, if you choose really big potatoes on the bottom, it might just work! I've left mine in for 6 hours at a time, and I do know of others who have filled a 6qt crockpot with potatoes and left them on low for 8 hours and they were just fine -- so I'd say give it a try.

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...