Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Super Bowl Munchies: Bagel Crisps


The big game is just around the corner.


And, if you're not excited about the game, the snacks and munchies usually pass the time more quickly.

I have a few appetizer recipes Frog Prince and I have tried out over the past few weeks and I'm really looking forward to sharing them with you in the coming days.


We'll start with Bagel Crisps.

These are excellent - paired with a delicious dip, or we enjoyed them along a steaming cup of soup.


Bagel Crisps - Finding Joy in My Kitchen


Bagels - a few days post-baking is best
Butter
Minced garlic
Italian seasoning (I use Mrs. Dash)
Sea Salt

Slice the bagels open.


I used bagels that we made earlier in the week.  I made the dough the night before, let the bagels rise in the fridge over night, baked them in the morning, and stole a few away to try making these bagel crisps!  I loved the "old" bagel for this recipe.  The bagels had a sour-dough taste, which was excellent paired with spices.  


Spread each bagel with butter.


I used unsalted butter, and spread the butter in a nice thin layer.  Of course, you could use a thick layer of butter, but I found they didn't need it.


Sprinkle with minced garlic, Italian seasonings, and sea salt.



Then, slice the bagels into thin strips.


Place the strips of bagels on a cookie sheet.


Bake at 350 for 15 minutes, until bagels are lightly browned.


Turn off the oven. Allow the bagel chips to sit in the oven as it cools down.I left mine in there for about 1 hour.


Serve with a spinach dip {recipe to come}, or pair with soup.


What are you making for the big game?  Or, if you're not into football -- are you thinking ahead to March Madness?

Photobucket

This post is linked to: Strut Your Stuff, Fun with Food Friday.

8 comments:

  1. What a great idea! And such a versatile little snack too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look delicious! I'm so happy to have found your blog and really enjoy reading through your recipes and ideas. As a new blogger myself, you give much inspiration. Thanks for doing what you do so well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. looks amazing! thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! You can also make bagel "chips" the same way but by cutting the bagel into round pieces. And because I don't want to butter each little round I just toss them in a bit of olive oil before adding the spices. Very yummy, even without dip!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a super idea...you could also make sweet ones with a cinnamon bagel! Lovely idea.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh how cute! I love little food :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oooh. These sound very delicious. I have bought some before and loved them. I am sure these are way better.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...