Monday, February 21, 2011

From the Archives: Baked Oatmeal



It's time to dust off the old recipes -- 
we're pulling out a recipe that was originally posted in April of 2009.
Thanks for stopping by!  

I was reminded of this recipe over the weekend as we got dumped on by more snow!  It's a recipe that is perfect year round, but especially great on chilly winter mornings.


The recipe for Baked Oatmeal comes from the Au Sable Institute for Environmental Studies; a place I spent two summers as an undergraduate.


This place holds a very special place in my heart, and I think it's part of the reason I love this recipe so much.


We've adapted it over time to our liking - and have made a berry version, and apple cinnamon version, and just this morning, we tried a sweet potato version (recipe coming soon!).

It's perfect served with yogurt, plain, or even with a bit of milk.


I hope you'll try baked oatmeal in your house!  It's a great way to change up traditional oatmeal.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...