Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Beer Brats

Summer is not complete with grilling of brats!  Whether it's the classic Johnsonville or our new favorite -- a locally produced wild rice brat, the pre-boiling of the brats is key.


First, it boils out a good deal of the fat contained in the brats.

Second, it adds amazing flavor to the brats.


In fact, I have a hard time eating brats that have not been boiled in beer!

Beer Brats
1 can or bottle of beer {of your choosing} per 6 brats

Directions
Place the brats in a large sauce pan.


Pour the beer over the brats.  We don't drink beer... just use it for boiling.  I have no idea about the quality of this beer -- it was just the cheapest we could find.  It worked!


Simmer for 15-20 minutes.


Remove the brats from the beer and place them onto the hot grill.  Grill as you normally would grill brats.


Serve hot and enjoy!  



Linked to: Full Plate Thursday, Cast Party Wednesday

13 comments:

  1. I am with you...don't drink the beer, use it to make amazing brats!! In fact, that's what is on my menu for tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I couldn't agree with you more!! Brats not boiled in beer (and onions in my house) aren't good!! The beer really adds so much flavor - and like you I'm a non beer drinker :) Your method is exactly the same as the one my Grandfather taught me, and he made the best brats. Ever! Nice job!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beer brats are the best! I'm not much of a beer drinker but do keep some in the fridge during the summer just for brats.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! Brats are the best!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bookmarking these! They look amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. My blogging partner is publishing a bratwurst recipe made with apple juice instead of beer later today. I'll have to do a taste test sometime and see how they compare.

    ReplyDelete
  7. White cooking wine also works to flavor brats if you don't have beer around.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks so good. I'm having a recipe only link party "Cast Party Wednesday". This would be a perfect addition to my party. I would love it if you came by and shared some of your recipes with us.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi Sno White,
    We just love those Brats and looks like you have the right beer to make them better! Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  10. I actually have to semi-disagree with you. While I never grill my brats with-out the pre-beer bath, I never boil them. I always bring them JUST to a boil and then bring them right down to a sloooow simmer. I find that boiling them dries them out too much. I will completely agree with your opinion of beer brats being a part of summer. One of the most awesome parts! :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi, I wanted to thank you for visiting Cast Party Wednesday last week. I would love it if came back tomorrow and shared more of your recipes with me.
    Thanks,
    I hope to see you there!

    ReplyDelete
  12. nothing says summer like a good brat soaked in beer!

    ReplyDelete
  13. It's the only way to eat brats!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...