Monday, August 29, 2011

New Features!

Just a quick note to let you know about some new features I shared on Facebook today!

image

(1) First up – I have a new recipe index page.  Fewer categories makes for easier searching. 

image

You’ll find main dishes replaces the old categories of pasta, pizza, vegetarian and beef, etc.  These categories will be found all on the same main dish page.  In addition, there’s a new category for crockpot recipes! 

(2) Second – all recipes now have photos in the recipe index.  I’ve been itching for a photo recipe index for a while now, and thanks to Ali @ Jam Hands, who gave me the brilliant idea for an easy way to have a photo recipe index, it’s now here!  Thanks, Al!! 

image


(3) Third –
I’ve updated the search feature on the blog!  Google search was semi-problematic, and thus far, I like what I see with Lijit!  Hopefully you do too.

image

(4) Finally, just a reminder, that you can always search by ingredient here on Finding Joy in My Kitchen, by using the ingredient cloud on the right side column. 

image

If you have an ingredient in your fridge or cupboard that you need to use up, I recommend starting here and browsing for ideas. 

 

I hope these new and updated features at Finding Joy in My Kitchen make finding recipes you enjoy easier! 

8 comments:

  1. Using linky tools is PURE GENIUS. I may have to eventually do that on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The new features look great! I'm learning new ways to organize my blog layout everyday, but I'm no where near being able to apply what you've done.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm right with you, I've been itching for a way to do a photo index as well. I liked the pinterest way and I had thought of THIS way, with the linky but doesn't it cost monthly to have the pictures on the linky? Maybe I just didn't understand it right. I DO love this though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Awesome! Great work, thank you :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. You have been hard at work! :)

    I'm glad you liked the idea of using Inlinkz for the recipe index.

    I have tried a few times in the past to make a recipe index but the formatting would always get so mucked up, and hours of hard work could be wasted. So I had kinda given up on it until I used the linky collection, and I really like it.

    It does cost $ to have a subscription to them, but it is very minimal. Other websites I've seen that offer recipe index services cost a substantial amount more. So I think it is well worth it.

    I think I will always be a blogger hosted girl. I just don't want to pay for hosting fees and have to worry about updating software. It is too much time and money for me to think about. So all the money I save on having a free service like blogger makes up for paying for a very inexpensive subscription.

    ReplyDelete
  6. From what I understand when talking with the folks at inLinkz, you only need to pay the monthly fee when you create the link list to begin. To edit, or add later is fine; it's just the fee for the month you need to create your link lists. I could be misunderstanding, but when I talked with their support people, that's what I learned.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Everything looks really great! I love the new photo recipe index - what a great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for your updates and your awesome blog. It's definitely one of my top 3 favorite blogs!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...