Thursday, September 1, 2011

Olive Oil Chex Mix

I love making our own Chex Mix.  Since school is back in swing, I enjoy snacks like this for my lunch. 

This time, I tried making our original chex mix (made with butter) side-by-side with this version – made with olive oil. 

The verdict?  We actually couldn’t tell much of a difference between the two.  They were both excellent.

So, I figured I should share this with you and let you decide!

Olive Oil Chex Mix 

Ingredients

  • 3 T olive oil
  • 1 tsp. seasoned salt
  • 2 tsp. lemon juice
  • 1 tsp. garlic powder
  • 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
  • 7 C “Chex-like” cereal
  • 1 C pretzels

Directions

Preheat the oven to 250.  In a large 9x13 metal baking dish, combine the 3 T olive oil, 1 tsp. seasoned salt, 2 tsp. lemon juice, 1 tsp. garlic powder and 4 tsp. Worcestershire sauce together in the pan. 

Add in the 7 C cereal and 1 C pretzels.  Stir well to coat. 

Bake at 250 for a total of 45 minutes, stirring every 15. 

Allow to cool, and then store in an airtight container until they are devoured! 

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...