Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Zucchini Chips

Our garden zucchini are going crazy… and I’m loving it.  I decided to try out making some zucchini chips as a healthy snack. 



And, they are my new favorite snack. 



Zucchini Chips
Ingredients
  • Large zucchini(s)
  • Olive Oil Spray
  • Sea Salt
  • Additional seasoning, if desired {garlic, Italian…}*
Directions

Using a mandolin slicer, slice your zucchini until they are 1/8-1/4 C in thickness.  If you’ve ever made pickles, you’ll want them just slightly thicker than pickle slices. 



Toss the zucchini coins in a large bowl.  Spray with olive oil and toss until well coated.  Add the sea salt and seasonings and toss again.



Arrange the zucchini slices into your dehydrator.  Dehydrate for ~4 hours with the temperature set at 160 degrees. 



Store in an airtight container for up to 1 week… they might last longer, but we have eaten all ours in that timeframe so that’s all I can recommend. 



If you don’t have a dehydrator, lay out your zucchini coins on a cookie sheet covered with parchment paper.  Place in your oven, set at the lowest oven temp and bake for anywhere between 1-5 hours until zucchini are dehydrated!
 


Enjoy!

*After trying a few combos, I prefer just sea salt.  But, that’s just me.  I like just plain vanilla ice cream too. 


8 comments:

  1. Are they crispy or like dried apples, kind of chewy? They looks so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  2. They are crispy! Just like a chip.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YUM! i've just eaten it raw - but this would certainly keep longer!
    Blessings
    http://bit.ly/qyod56

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a neat way to eat zucchini, I will have to try these.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What perfect timing! My husband brought home a zucchini from a congregation member today and I had no idea what to do with it. Now I know!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hmm! Very interesting! Zucchini is one of those.. "I like it..but I don't love it" type veggies for me..so I often struggle with what to do with it beyond stir fry, soup, and zucchini bread! This just might be something I have to try!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...