Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Dark Chocolate Honey Fudge

I’m kind of picky when it comes to fudge.  I think I was spoiled growing up with my mom’s amazing amaretto fudge.  Oh. My.  In fact, I don’t believe I’ve ever made a fudge recipe that isn’t that one! 

So, for this month’s Crazy Cooking Challenge theme of FUDGE, I decided now was the time to branch out and try something new.  One of my favorite bloggers, Katie, over at This Chick Cooks shared a recipe back in October for a healthier fudge – made from butter & honey.  Since I’m all about making everyday foods healthier, I immediately bookmarked her recipe.  This challenge was just what I needed to make it!

This fudge has a softer consistency than most, so don’t leave it out on the counter too long!  But, as readers commented on her blog, it’s soft enough to make an excellent chocolate frosting too (think: chocolate frosted baked doughnuts!). 

I enjoyed the fudge – it’s very different from a traditional fudge, but different in a good way!  I reduced the butter a bit, and used dark chocolate cocoa powder.  What can I say… this girl loves her dark chocolate!

Dark Chocolate Butter Honey Fudge – From Katie @ This Chick Cooks!

Ingredients

  • 1 C butter, softened
  • 1/2 C dark chocolate cocoa powder
  • 1/2 C honey
  • 1 T vanilla
  • pinch of sea salt

Directions

Line an 8x8 inch pan with parchment paper.  I ended up lining small loaf pans decorated with winter scenes instead – I thought it would be more festive!  It certainly is, but… it was harder to spread out the fudge in a smaller space. 

In the bowl of your mixer, combine the 1 C butter, 1/2 C honey and 1/2 C dark chocolate cocoa powder along with the pinch of sea salt. 

Whip until smooth & well blended. 

Carefully spread into the 8x8 glass baking dish, or smaller containers, as I did. 

Store in the refrigerator until hardened. 

Then, slice.  Return slices to the fridge and store there until ready to serve. 

Enjoy!

Want to participate next month?  January’s theme is Chicken Noodle Soup!  Check out the Crazy Cooking Challenge page for more details!

Now, check out the other amazing fudge recipes – as you do, vote for your favorite:

15 comments:

  1. Your fudge looks really good! I'm not a big fan of chocolate but the rest of the family is so this recipe with the honey addition sounds different and delicious. A must try!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Isn't it great how something so good can come out of just 5 ingredients?
    Peanut Butter Fudge 

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that there's no cooking involved in this. Right up my lazy ally ;) I did microwave fudge #55

    -Krystal @ recipesofacheapskate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. As a beekeeper, I especially love the idea of using honey in fudge! Will have to give it a try. I'm a fellow 'Challenge' participant (#7) stopping by to say hi. Your entry intrigued me!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ohh I bet the taste of honey in fudge is awesome. I'm also your newest follower.

    http://pinchofthisthatandtheother.blogspot.com/2011/12/chocolate-butterscotch-fudge-crazy.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your version looks so good! I LOVE dark chocolate too! Thank you so much for your sweet comments. You made my day :) So glad you enjoyed the recipe and I may have to try using this on some doughnuts now that you've tempted me... Have a blessed day!
    Katie

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks really good. Great choice of blogs.

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great recipe! And no condensed milk!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It looks so creamy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  10. The soft fudge looks absolutely delicious! Last year I made about fudge about 10 times and wasn't happy with any of them. I gave up. Seeing all those tempting recipes makes me think I should try again.

    ReplyDelete
  11. That looks really good. Did it ever harden, or did it stay fairly soft? Your recipes are always fabulous. Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Awesome, used this as the basis for a valentines day fudge adventure today: http://www.beekeeping.isgood.ca/resources/double-pounding-heart-honey-fudge/?utm_source=tweet-this&utm_medium=Twitter&utm_campaign=story-promotion Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow such a yummy chocolate fudge..Going to try it today only and As i'm new in your blog and i find lot's of yummy recipe and i need to try all dish..
    Sweet fudge

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...