Thursday, December 8, 2011

Get ready for the Countdown to 2012!

What a week it has been!  Sorry that I don’t have a new recipe for you today… I just haven’t gotten that far this week.  We are in our last week of classes, and next week is finals week, which means I’ve had lots of students in my office talking about their projects and exams.  Oh, and I have piles of grading too.  But, the good news is – there is light at the end of the tunnel!  I love Christmas season because there is truly a break to relax and spend time with family. 

And, you know what follows Christmas… right?!  Yep, 2012.  That means it’s time to announce this years countdown!

Countdown_2012

Countdown to 2012

Starting December 26 and running through December 30, please join us in recapping 2011 and looking ahead to 2012.  Each day, we’ll highlight our best recipes from 2011, and invite you to link up your recipes too!  Last year so many of you shared your favorites from 2010 – I can’t wait to see a recap of 2011’s best recipes. 

The Countdown Schedule

December 26th – Best Breakfast Recipes of 2011
December 27th – Best Bread Recipes of 2011
December 28th – Best Soups & Stew Recipes of 2011
December 29th – Best Main Dish Recipes of 2011
December 30th – Best Crockpot Recipes of 2011
December 31st – Best Dessert Recipes of 2011

Who’s Participating?

Some wonderful food bloggers have will be joining me in counting down to 2011 – look for best recipe posts from:

Jenna @ The Newlyweds
Laura @ Real Mom Kitchen
Jackie @ Loving My Domestic Life
Lynn @ Lynn’s Kitchen Adventures
Reeni @ Cinnamon Girl Recipes

You’re Invited too!

The best part about this countdown is that YOU ARE INVITED TOO!  Browse back through your recipes from the year and pick out your favorites.  Compose them into a countdown post showing off your best recipes and then come here to Finding Joy in My Kitchen and link them up! 

Feel free to participate for just one day, or for all the days!  I can’t wait to see all the recipes that you link up. 

Will you consider joining us? 

5 comments:

  1. I always LOVE to see your countdowns! :) Can't wait for this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So fun, so getting ready for this.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stumbling upon this was perfect for today! I would LOVE to join in :)

    I had no clue how to do a recap and featuring different foods for a weekish is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yay! I can't wait! Thanks for inviting me to be a part of it!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...