Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Crockpot Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb Sauce

We are in the midst of our last week of classes and with that means lots of late hours.  Having dinner in the crockpot helps me so much during these busy weeks. 

This dish uses rhubarb in a tasty sauce for the pork; the two flavors are delightful together. 

Toss the pork tenderloin in the crockpot, make some rice in the rice cooker {steam some veggies on the top of the rice cooker} and a quick 5-minute rhubarb sauce later, you have dinner. 

Crockpot Pork Tenderloin with Rhubarb Sauce – Inspired by The Way the Cookie Crumbles

Ingredients

  • 1 medium-sized pork tenderloin
  • 2 T minced onion
  • 4 stalks rhubarb
  • 1/4 C sugar
  • 1-2 T water

Directions

Begin by placing the pork tenderloin into the insert of your crockpot.  Sprinkle with minced onion. 

Cover and cook on low for 8-9 hours, or on high for 5 hours until internal temperature reaches 180 degrees. 

When you’re just about ready to eat, dice up your 4 rhubarb stalks.  Toss them in a saucepan with the sugar and water.  Be sure to use a heavy-bottomed pan; rhubarb is highly acidic and has been known to eat holes through pans before!

Cook over medium-high heat for about 5 minutes, stirring often, to allow the rhubarb to cook down. 

To serve, top the pork with the rhubarb sauce. 

Enjoy!

4 comments:

  1. I have been sick in bed with strep throat. I just read your post from yesterday. I want to tell you have been a true inspiration to me. You have done a fantastic job with your blog. The recipes are well planned, written, and organized. The pictures are great to reinforce what you have written. Remember Isaiah 40:31-But those who wait for the Lord (who expect, look for, and hope in Him) shall change and renew their strength and power; they shall lift their wings and mount up (close to God) as eagles (mount up to the sun); they shall run and not be weary, they shall walk and not faint or become tired. (Amplified Bible)

    Thank you for your hard work!
    Your food friend,
    Sherri

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Sherri! I love that verse... rely on it often :)

      Delete
  2. Oh My Goodness! Thank you Thank you!!! I have all the ingredients AND now that the temps are getting warmer I'm going to be looking for MORE SLOW COOKER MEALS. I LOVE RHUBARB and this sounds SO GOOD!!!
    Have a wonderful week,
    Hugs,
    Donna

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love that the crockpot works all year long! Winter for cozy dishes, summer so I don't have to heat my house up :)

      Delete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...