Sunday, May 13, 2012

A very special day…

First, today my Frog Prince celebrates his birthday!

He’s an amazing man of God,
loves me and cares for our family in self-sacrificing ways!
He’s kind, generous, funny, servant-oriented,
and, just plain fun.

I am so blessed by him and we’re celebrating today with a few of his favorite eats… like these cherry bars!


Today is also Mother’s Day!

I have been blessed with an amazing Mom – one who did her best to love and serve our family & still does even today. I’m so thankful that my mom is my mom!

Among many other things, my mom is responsible for my love of cooking.
In fact, many of her recipes appear here!
Like her refrigerator pickles, famous amaretto fudge and cinnamon bread!

And, through marriage, I have another special mom in my life.

My mother-in-law is an amazing woman of God and daily I am impressed with how she raised her son.  She’s given me inspiration to know what to do with a boy, if God chooses to bless us with one someday. 

Of course, there have been many other “mom’s” to me in my lifetime –
Thank you.
I would not be where I am today without your investment in my life. 

To my friends who are mom’s, or soon-to-be;  you amaze me.  Thanks for showing me what it looks like to transition into Motherhood.

And, to my friends who’s mom’s are no longer here on Earth with us… and those who we know who want to be mom’s but haven’t had that come to pass…
I’m thinking of you, today. 

Have a blessed day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...