Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Granola Crisp

This dessert (or breakfast) is ridiculously easy. 

Choose your favorite berries, add your favorite granola and bake.

It’s healthy enough for breakfast. 

But delicious enough for dessert.

Granola Crisp

Ingredients

  • 3 C of your favorite berries (we used blueberries & raspberries)
  • 1 C of your favorite granola (we used honey cinnamon)
  • 1 tsp. corn starch
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon

Directions

Lightly spray a glass baking dish (8x8 or smaller, we used a 7x5) with olive oil. 

Toss 3 C berries (fresh or frozen will work) with 1 tsp. corn starch and 1/2 tsp. cinnamon. 

Spread in the bottom of the baking dish. 

Sprinkle granola over the top. 

Bake at 325 for 30ish minutes until berries are bubbly.  Be sure to bake on the bottom rack of your oven so that the granola doesn’t get overly browned. 

Serve warm.  For an extra special treat, top with whipped cream. 

6 comments:

  1. I've been following your blog for a little while now. I just wanted to say THANK YOU for making some wonderful recipes that even my meat and potatoes husband likes and are much better for him.

    I know what I'm doing today. Making your yummy looking/sounding granola and having wonderful breakfasts and desserts! I have all the ingredients so that's an added bonus. No running to the store!

    I also wanted to say that I appreciate your site on blogspot. My husband and I travel a lot around the country in a motorhome and it's nice to be able to just download a PDF version of the recipe and keep it on the computer. That way, no paper is used and I always have my recipes with me no matter where we go. I find that it's the little things in live that bring the smiles.

    So thank you. I have to go and make granola now :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Brenda, for your sweet encouragement!

      Delete
  2. I have some strawberries in juice sitting in the fridge, I think I will make crisp out of them. Thanks for the recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How can you not love this!? It's so easy but so yummy! I could make this for dessert and then have it in the morning too. Or vice versa.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Eric and I often do this in mini bowl-versions...but I always end up adding just a little bit more brown sugar and cinnamon. I should try your version so I can justify it for breakfast.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...