Friday, January 11, 2013

Friday Favorite Finds #141

Is it Friday already?!?!  What a week!  This was my first full week of teaching a J-term course.  Translation: teaching 1 week of a normal semester-long course every day.  Today, we finished week 7. 

Although I am biased, I love, love, love my J-Term Course.  It’s a course all about food – plants as food, to be specific.  The students are awesome and we are engaging in rousing discussions about C3 and C4 photosynthetic pathways, what is a fruit vs. a veggie (heck, you even joined in that discussion on Facebook!), how to make a genetically modified crop and how one harvests different fruits, veggies and grains

So. much. fun. And much more fun to come. 

Since that’s been occupying my time, I am still pinning recipes from the best recipes of 2012 board.  You can follow along here. Maybe I’ll be done soon – but in the mean time, here are some more yummy recipes from the Countdown to 2013


All images are from the original recipe source, and linked through Pinterest;
please pin the source.

Fruit Salsa
{What a delicious way to get more fruits!  Thanks, Rebekah}

 

Chicken and Wild Rice Bake
{We just talked about harvesting wild rice today in class – looks like a great way to enjoy a delicious grain harvested by canoe!  Thanks, Jessica!}

 

Slow-Cooker Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie
{Loving my slow cooker these days – and Megan knows how much I love mushrooms!}

 

Grilled Chicken with Pasta & Basil Cream Sauce
{I’m a HUGE pasta fan – and love basil.  Sarah – this looks amazing} 

 

Muffin Tin Pizzas
{What a fun Super Bowl Party idea – Haley, I love these!}

 

If you were featured, feel free to grab the image below!

What did you find this week?

Please link up to a post containing your list of recipes to try -- do not link up individual recipes, or recipes that you’ve already made, your links will be deleted.   Be sure to leave a link back here to Finding Joy in My Kitchen.

8 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing my recipe! :) That pasta is definitely in my top 5 favorite pasta dishes from last year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your course sound so interesting... glad you are enjoying it. Thanks again for the party.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning,
    I just love that Fruit Salsa,it looks delicious. Hope you have a great weekend and thanks for hosting!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hooray! I'm finally back to a regular blogging schedule and participating in link ups again. Can't wait to check out everyone's finds!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for the feature!! It's one of my favorite snacks. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great finds! The fruit salad and muffin tin pizzas look like must try recipes to me. Have a wonderful weekend and thanks for hosting.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Slow-Cooker Chicken & Mushroom Pot Pie and Muffin Tin Pizzas look like "must try" recipes! Thanks for hosting. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...