Monday, October 21, 2013

Simple Fall Veggie Bake

This bake is easy and cheap, and makes a great side dish during the fall.  Pair it with grilled chicken, oven-baked pork chops or fish and you have a great meal. 

Simple Fall Veggie Bake – Adapted from Budget Bytes

Ingredients

  • 1 zucchini
  • 1 summer squash
  • 3-4 medium potatoes
  • 1-2 tomatoes, optional
  • Salt & Pepper
  • Minced garlic & onion
  • Italian cheese

Directions

Using a mandolin slicer, slice the zucchini, summer squash, potatoes and tomatoes.  Stack the veggies together in an 8x8 glass baking dish that has been well greased. 

Season with salt and pepper, minced garlic and onion. 

Bake, covered, at 400 degrees for 30 minutes. 

Remove and top with cheeses. 

Return to the oven and bake for 10-12 minutes uncovered.   Serve warm. 

5 comments:

  1. This looks beautiful and delicious! I love how you lined the veggies up neatly. It really makes for a colorful dish!
    Blessings,
    Leslie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just love your Simple Fall Veggie Bake, it looks so pretty. Hope you are having a good week and thanks for sharing.
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! And it looks so simple to cook. Will have to cook this too! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's so pretty!! I know I would end up getting tired of rotating the slices, so mine wouldn't be nearly as organized and pretty, but I bet it'd taste good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is so pretty! I don't have a mandolin so trying to slice such thin rounds with a knife would be very tedious for me, but I certainly admire this dish.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...