With T-minus a week until Christmas, it’s time for me to announce the Countdown to 2014 and invite all of you to participate.
Since December of 2009, we have been ringing in the New Year by counting down the days with the best recipes of the year. You can view past years here: Countdown to 2010, Countdown to 2011, Countdown to 2012, and Countdown to 2013.
This year, I have a few partners who will be a part of the Countdown:
How to Participate
Participating is easy:
1) Gather up your favorite recipes of the year
2) Create a Countdown post, or bring the individual recipes
3) Link up your Countdown post, or your individual recipes aligned with the day
4) Include a link back to the Countdown to 2014
5) Visit other people’s recipes
- Dec. 26 - Best Breakfast Recipes
- Dec. 27 - Best Soup & Bread Recipes
- Dec. 28 - Best Main Dish Recipes (including Crockpot recipes!)
- Dec. 29 - Best Snacks & Appetizer Recipes
- Dec. 30 - Best Dessert Recipes
- Dec. 31 - Reader Favorites
- January 1 - Any recipe recap posts that don't fall into the other categories
Q: Do I have to participate every day to countdown with you?
A: No! Join us when you can. If you have more dessert recipes, but no breads, than just bring your desserts to the countdown.
Q: Can I link up an individual recipe rather than a special countdown post?
A: Yes. All we ask is that the recipe contain a link back to the countdown so that others can find all these yummy recipes of 2013.
Q: Is there a limit to the number of recipes/posts I can link up?
A. Link up as many recipes as you deem your favorites from 2013.
Q: Can I participate even if I don’t have a blog?
A: Yes you can. There are two easy ways: (1) Leave your best recipe(s) in the comments of the blog for that particular day, or (2) Leave your recipes on our Facebook Page!