Thursday, February 20, 2014

Easy Pork (or Chicken) Fried Rice

Every time I talk with friends or family the need for quick and filling weeknight dinners comes up.  I hear you there.  It’s hard to work outside of the home (or inside of it, for that matter!) and have  time to make dinner. 

As the semester picks up for me, I feel the need for quick dinners.  This one was quick and also a great use of leftovers.

Easy fried rice using leftover cooked pork loin, couple with brown rice (if I had leftovers, I would have used them here too), frozen veggies and eggs.  Easy, easy, easy. 

 

Easy Pork or Chicken Fried Rice – Adapted from Life in the Lofthouse

Ingredients

  • 2 C uncooked brown rice (we used Minute Rice)
  • 2 C frozen mixed veggies (peas & carrots preferred)
  • 2 eggs
  • 1/4 C low-sodium soy sauce
  • 1 tsp. dried minced garlic
  • 1 tsp. dried minced onion
  • pepper, to taste
  • 1 C diced and fully cooked chicken or pork

Directions

Prepare the rice according to package directions and set aside.  Meanwhile, sauté the frozen veggies with the 1 tsp. minced garlic and 1 tsp. minced onion over medium heat.  If you typically use olive oil to sauté, do so here as well. 

Toss in the diced pork or chicken and then push the veggie mixture over to one side. 

Lightly spray the bottom of your pan with olive oil and crack open two eggs, scrambling them as you add them to the pan.  Cook over medium heat for 1-2 minutes until the eggs are cooked through. 

Mix the eggs and veggie mixture back together and then add in the cooked rice.  Stir in 1/4 C soy sauce and remove the dish from the heat.  If needed, season with pepper. 

Serve warm, and enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I agree that this is an easy-to-fill-in meal. I just posted on it on my blog, as well!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...