Homemade skillet tortillas are an easy, quick family-friendly dinner.
We use our homemade fajita seasoning and lots of fresh peppers and onions, coupled with yummy chicken and wrapped into whole wheat tortillas – it was a hit.
- Fajita seasoning
- 2 chicken breasts, sliced lengthwise
- 3 medium colored bell peppers, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium green bell pepper, sliced lengthwise
- 1 medium sweet Vidalia onion, sliced and separated
- Whole wheat tortillas (n=8)
- 4 oz. Monterrey Jack cheese, shredded
- Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
In a large skillet, sauté sliced chicken breast strips in a little olive oil over medium heat until lightly browned and cooked through.
Add in the sliced bell peppers and onion, and sauté until the veggies are crisp tender.
Sprinkle in 3-4 T of fajita seasoning over the skillet and continue cooking until the fajita seasoning caramelizes a little bit.
Meanwhile, warm the whole wheat tortillas and place 1-2 T of cheese down the center.
Top with chicken strips and pepper mixture.
Wrap up and top with fixings of your choice – avocado, salsa and/or sour cream.