Tuesday, April 14, 2015

Garlicy Green Beans

As we roll into spring time, we begin to see fresh veggies looking delicious once again at Farmer’s Markets and in our local grocery store.  While we are a few months away from having green beans fresh from our garden, this recipe makes me so excited for that season. 

You can easily make these with fresh and frozen green beans, and they are a perfect side dish to so many meals. 

Garlicy Green Beans

Ingredients

  • 1/2 T butter
  • 12-16 oz green beans (fresh or frozen)
  • Salt & pepper, to taste
  • 1/4 tsp. minced garlic

Directions

Begin by melting butter over medium heat in a large skillet.  When the butter is melted, add in the minced garlic and toast slightly.  Then, add the green beans.  Stir to coat and then cover the green beans in the skillet to steam for 3-5 minutes.  Stir occasionally during that time. 

Remove the cover and continue sautéing the green beans over medium-high heat for an additional 2-4 minutes. 

Serve warm. 

Enjoy! 

1 comment:

  1. I cook my green beans the same way, sauteed is the best way!
    I cook a couple pieces of chopped bacon and saute my beans in the bacon and grease to add even more flavor. Man, it's good stuff! My 3 year old can't get enough of these when I cook them! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...