Thursday, December 4, 2008

Herbed Butter Sauce and Veggie Pasta


Herbed Butter Sauce and Veggie Pasta - Modified by Frog Prince from Betty Crocker

Linguini, cooked to taste
Carrots, sliced
Broccoli forets
Cauliflower florets
Zucchini, sliced

1/2 C light butter (do not use margarine or vegetable oil spreads)
1-3 teaspoons dried herbs (a mix of basil, chives, oregano and thyme), to taste
2 teaspoons lemon juice

Cook pasta; drain, but do not rinse (rinsing prevents the sauce from sticking to the pasta). In a skillet, saute veggies until crisp-tender. Melt butter over medium heat in a small saucepan. Stir in herbs and lemon juice. Serve pasta with veggies and top with herbed butter sauce.

2 comments:

  1. I was just browsing around looking for some new ways to eat up some of our garden veggies. I'll be adding this to next week's menu. I can always count on you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I made this last week since my husband is always saying he wants me to make pasta more. (spaghetti once a week doesn't cut it lol). It was a hit, even with my two and one year olds! :) I am making it again tonigh and adding some shrimp just to have a bit more food. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...