Friday, December 12, 2008

Easy Lasagna Soup


This soup tastes like lasagna with 1/4 of the work!   An easy, quick, tasty dinner, ready in about 25 minutes -- perfect for a cold winter night after a long day of work.



A natural accompaniment to this bowl of soup is a hearty slice of bread, or a delicious garlic herb bread.  

Lasagna Soup - Modified from Campbell's Soup
{Print Recipe}

1 lb ground beef (ground turkey is great too)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
2 cans beef broth (with onion); or add 1/2 C onion in not onion flavored
1 can diced tomatoes
1/4 tsp. Italian seasonings (we like Mrs. Dash, salt-free)
1 1/2 C pasta
1/4 C Parmesan cheese (Sargento is best!)

1) Cook beef; drain fat (cook onions with this too, if broth is not onion flavored)


2) Stir broth, tomatoes and Italian seasoning together in a stockpot. Add mushrooms, if desired.  Here, you can also add in other veggies that you might typically put into your family's favorite lasagna dish.  Peppers, carrots, etc., all make great additions to the soup.


3) Heat to a boil

4) Add pasta, cook for 10 minutes


5) Stir in cheese


6) Serve warm, topped with additional cheese, if desired.

7 comments:

  1. Yum! I found your blog from a friend's blog, and I went shopping today and got stuff to make 7 things off of your blog. This one was quick and easy and yummy...we ate every drop of it!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum! I love, love, love, lasagna soup!! Thanks for reminding me; now I now what we're having for dinner tonight!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummmm, I plan on making this, this weekend!

    Thanks for a quick and easy recipe for us, non cooks lol.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I made it! It is sooooo yummy! I used bow-tie noodles, and used shredded Romano cheese. i also added a can of stewed tomatoes the beef broth I had on hand didn't have the onion flavor, nor did I have any fresh onions. I did however have onion soup mix. I used half a packet.

    I plan on freezing this for future eating. After we have some dinner lol.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I make this I add green peppers and I serve it with small curd cottage cheese on the side - it tastes *exactly* like lasagna!

    So glad I found your blog! I'll be looking forward to your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is awesome!Great blog and lovely recipe! Thanks for sharing.
    Hope to see you on my blog:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not sure how I missed this one! :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...