You prepare it the night before and then bake away the next day.
Mexican Chicken Hotdish - The Truax Family
1. 3 lbs. cooked chicken (4-5 chicken breasts)
2. 1 medium onion, chopped and sauted
3. 1 medium bag of tortilla chips, crushed (we use up old chips this way!)
4. Mix together:
- 1 C sour cream
- 1 can cream of mushroom soup (or, make your own)
- 1 can cream of chicken soup (or, make your own)
- 4 oz. can of chopped green chilies
- 8 oz. green chili salsa (you can use regular salsa)
- 16 oz. Monterey Jack Cheese, shredded (you can use 8 oz)
5. 8 oz. Cheddar Cheese, shredded
Layer in a lightly greased 9x13 glass baking dish, as numbered. Reserve ~ 1/2 C cheese until later.
The next day, and bake, covered (use a cookie sheet - save the foil!) at 325 for 1 hour.
Uncover the dish and sprinkle the reserved cheese over the top.
Continue baking for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted.
Serve warm, and enjoy!
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday