Thursday, December 4, 2008

Three Cheese Ziti

This pasta was one of the first dishes I made for Frog Prince.  The recipe was given to me at my bridal shower by a wonderful friend.  It's such a simple, easy recipe to put together, and tastes excellent enough to serve to guests!



Three Cheese Baked Ziti - From the Rosenblum Family

3 C ricotta cheese (we use one 16oz container)
1 T dried pasley
1 1/2 tsp. salt
1 egg
10-oz pkg. frozen spinach, cooked
1/3 C grated Parmesean
26oz spaghetti sauce
1/2 C carrot puree (optional)
16 oz wheat ziti, cooked (we recommened whole wheat Penne Rigate by Healthy Harvest)
16 oz shredded mozzarella cheese

Blend together ricotta cheese, parsley, salt, egg and spinach until smooth. Add Parmesan, blending to combine.


Spread enough spaghetti sauce (mixed with carrot puree, if desired) in an ungreased 9x13 baking pan to cover the bottom. Arrange half of the pasta over the sauce.


Spread half of the ricotta mixture over the top.


Cover with half of the remaining spaghetti sauce, and sprinkle half of the mozzarella cheese on top. Repeat layers, ending with mozzarella on top.


Bake at 350 for 45 minutes until cheese is nicely browned.


Serves 6-8 people. (Freezes well too!)


Enjoy!

This post is linked to:
Tasty Tuesday
What's On Your Plate

14 comments:

  1. super simple to put together! thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great recipe. I loves recipes that sneak in hidden veggies- like the carrot puree. Plus this is a great chance to use whole wheat pasta b'c there are so many other great flavors to hide the whole wheat taste.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have a package of frozen spinach that is just waiting for this recipe! Looks simple and delicious.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I made this for dinner and it was absolutely delicious! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! I love that you added the spinach in there to make it a little healthier. I wish I could have this for lunch today! : )

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great way to sneak in a little extra veggies! The carrot puree is genius!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I have a delicious ziti recipe but have never put spinach in it. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I don't know how I managed to overlook this recipe?!? YUM! Do you think it would be okay if I substituted cottage cheese? My husband refuses to eat Ricotta :(

    ReplyDelete
  9. made this tonight for my family & it was a HIT!! so glad i came across it & your blog :) thanks!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I made this last night with random partial boxes of pasta we had laying around as well as a random assortment of cheeses we needed to use up. Tasted great! And Rachel, I used cottage cheese since that is all I had and it was still good! I now have plenty of leftovers in the freezer as well! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Sounds yummy! I love all the Healthy Harvest products! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Replies
    1. Yes, you cook this one uncovered. If you make it ahead of time, I might recommend covering it for the first 15 minutes or so, but if you make it and then bake it, there is no need to cover.

      Delete
  13. I love baked ziti. Yours look really good!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...