Saturday, January 31, 2009

Lemon Blueberry Scones




We love these Lemon-Blueberry Scones, and with yogurt almost always on sale, and blueberries for a dollar last week, we jumped at the opportunity to start our snowy Saturday morning in this way.

Lemon Blueberry Scones - Mom's Kitchen

2 C flour
1/3 C sugar
2 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. baking soda
1/4 tsp. salt
1 (8oz) carton of lemon yogurt (do not use Yoplait Whips)
1 egg, lightly beaten (may use egg white)
3-4 T olive oil
1 tsp. grated lemon peel (or you may add about 1/2 tsp. lemon juice)
1 C fresh or frozen blueberries

Glaze (optional):
1 T lemon juice
1/2 tsp. grated lemon peel
1/2 C powdered sugar


In a large bowl, combine dry ingredients. In a small bowl, combine yogurt, egg, oil and lemon peel. Stir wet ingredients into dry ones until just moistened. Fold in blueberries.


Drop by tablespoonfuls onto a greased cookie sheet.


Bake at 400 for 15-18 minutes or until slightly browned. Combine glaze ingredients, and drizzle over warm biscuits. Enjoy!

This recipe is linked to: Lemon Round-UpIngredient Spotlight

5 comments:

  1. These are so awesome! I just made a batch tonight. I can't wait to give them to my mother! She is going to love them as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello and gratulation to your wonderful blog,

    I leave germany in a few months and move to my daughter to Alaska,
    so I know how awesome some american recepies are,
    now I am glad to find a lot on your blog that I can follow and learn.

    Thank you and I hope I find some about thanksgiving.


    hugs Jutta

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is just something wonderful about lemon and blueberries! YUM! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am hosting a linky party at my blog called A Themed Baker's Sunday! Where the theme is LEMONS!!! I would love it if you linked either this recipe or a different lemony deliciousness!! I'm uber excited to see what you have in store!!
    http://cupcakeapothecary.blogspot.com/2011/04/themed-bakers-sunday-2.html
    Alyssa

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...