Sunday, March 1, 2009

Baked Fudge

From Baked Fudge


oh, my, gosh. Pioneer Woman's baked fudge tastes just like gooey brownies... it's perfect. Crunchy and crispy on the top, soft, gooey and magnificent underneath. Rich and delicious. It's a must make when you're crazing chocolate. The batter comes together quickly, but the wait time to bake is nearly an hour... don't let the anticipation get to you, it's worth the wait.

From Baked Fudge
Pioneer Woman's Baked Fudge - Modified by Snow White

2 eggs
3/4 C sugar (Pioneer Woman suggests 1 C)
2 heaping T cocoa... I think Hershey's Dark Chocolate would be excellent
2 T flour
6 T butter (I used 3 when I made a half batch), melted (Pioneer Woman suggests 1 stick)
1 tsp. vanilla
Preheat oven to 325 degrees. Beat eggs until scrambled, and then beat in sugar until combined. Add cocoa, flour, melted butter and vanilla. Mix until combined.

From Baked Fudge


From Baked Fudge

Pour batter into 4 creme brule dishes, or 1 8-inch square glass pan.

From Baked Fudge

Set dishes or pan into a larger pan, filled halfway with water.

From Baked Fudge
Bake for 40-50 minutes or until upper crust is crispy and the rest of the batter is set. A toothpick will not come out clean, but shouldn't be overly runny when batter is pulled out on the toothpick. Pioneer Woman says you can stick it back in, if you have second thoughts... just don't let it cook firmly like a brownie.

From Baked Fudge

I halved the recipe, because I thought it would be best when it's warm, and it worked out great. We still had some leftovers... because it's so rich... and they warmed up beautifully the next day in the microwave! The only modifications I made to Pioneer Woman's original recipe were to use a little less sugar and butter!

From Baked Fudge


This recipe is linked at Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday, and Chocolate Fridays!

15 comments:

  1. Oh MY GOODNESS!!!! I am so excited to try this recipe!! WOOHOO!

    ReplyDelete
  2. How wonderful! I'll have to make this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those Pioneer Woman recipes are always soo good! And this one looks great too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum, can't wait to try your version. I am always looking for ways to use a little less sugar and fat but still have FAB results!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Can't go wrong with chocolate! I'm thinking that cutting down the sugar and butter was a good idea. I cut the sugar in my brownie recipe and you can't tell that I did.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow!!! This looks amazing! Yes, my name is Kim and I'm a chocoholic! Your photos are killin' me!
    Thanks for sharing!
    -Kim

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks and sounds amazingly delicious. Thank you for sharing it for the Joy Of Chocolate Roundup.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh YUM!! Those pics are making me drool! This sounds fabulous and I'm sure you don't even miss the extra butter and sugar! Thanks for linking it up!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi SnoWhite, have a quick question about the recipe... My son is not a fan of dark chocolate, so I would want this to be more milk chocolate flavored. Is the cocoa sweet or unsweet? Thanks so much!

    ReplyDelete
  10. @ Christine,

    Good question! Cocoa powder by itself is very bitter; you'd never want to just eat or use cocoa powder without adding sugar. That being said, using regular cocoa powder gives you a chocolate brownie kind of flavor... to achieve a "milk chocolate" one, I'd add in some milk chocolate chips.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Thanks SnoWhite! I think we'll try the unsweet powder first, as my son doesn't seem to like chocolate chips much either! He's more of a white chocolate fellow... but I don't know if there is white chocolate "cocoa" out there! We may be trying these this weekend as a special dessert! I'll let you know, and hopefully these turn out better than my attempt at Lucy's Dinner Rolls! hee hee

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am def. making this over the weekend, YUM

    ReplyDelete
  13. Made it. LOVED it. Blogged about it! Thanks for a great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Looks great! I love looking at The Pioneer Woman's blog, but her recipes are so high in fat and calories, I can never justify that much in our daily diet! A steak sandwich recipe I wanted to make called for 1 1/2 sticks of butter! I made it with 2 TB and it was still great!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...