Thursday, March 19, 2009

Chicken Chili



Since I like my chili mild... not so hot that my eyes are watering and my nose is running (that's my dad), this is the perfect recipe for me. It's got wonderful flavor and great zip to it, and you can feel free to up the "hot and spicy" quotient if you wish...!


You can make it stove top, or my favorite way -- in the crockpot.  


Mom's Chicken Chili - Mom

1 T olive oil
1 C chopped onion
1 lb. ground chicken or turkey
1/2 medium green pepper, minced
2 cans diced tomatoes; 1 can unsalted, 1 can with chopped green chilies
1 (15oz) can cannellini beans
1 (8oz) can tomato sauce
2 T chili powder
1 tsp. ground cumin
1/2 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
1 T brown sugar

Stove Top:
In a skillet, combine oil, chicken, onion, pepper and garlic (you may choose to omit the oil, I do). Cook stirring frequently. Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring mix to a boil and reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 20 minutes.

Crockpot:
After you brown the chicken/turkey, dump all the ingredients in the crockpot and cook on low for 4-6 hours. I love making it this way!






Serves 8.


For more great hot and spicy recipes, visit the URS: Hot and Spicy!

2 comments:

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...