Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Baked Chicken/Turkey Tortillas


My mom created this recipe when I was in high school... just the smell of it baking in the oven brings back memories of coming home to this delicious dish after 4 hours in the pool :)

Baked Chicken Tortillas - Mom

1 C salsa, divided
1 (8oz) carton fat free sour cream (I use less, since Frog Prince isn't a huge fan)
6-8 tortillas
1 1/2 C cooked, shredded (or chopped) turkey or chicken (this works out to about 3/4 of a pound)
1/3 C fresh tomatoes, diced
1/3 C red and green bell peppers, diced
1/4 C onion, diced
1/2 - 3/4 C extra sharp cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350.

Combine 1/2 C salsa and sour cream in a small bowl and stir to combine.


Spread mixture evenly over all tortillas. Divide chicken, peppers and onion evenly and place down the center of each tortilla.


*I also sprinkle with cheese :)

Roll tortillas up and place rolls, seam side down in a glass pan (9x13) coated with cooking spray. Top with 1/2 C salsa. Bake for 15 minutes.

Remove from the oven, and top with cheese and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is melted.




Enjoy with a big green salad!

For more yummy recipes, check out Tempt My Tummy Tuesday and Tasty Tuesday!

9 comments:

  1. WOW! I cannot wait to try this! This just made me SO hungry. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. What yummy looking recipes you have here. This one looks like it's right up my family's alley. We'll be giving this a try soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. thanks for stopping by my blog. these enchiladas look great. i'm planning on posting my beef enchiladas tomorrow.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those look great. I think I will be making these this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I cant wait to try these looks so good thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum. gonna print this one and make 'em soon. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  7. don't you love to use recipes that our moms used to make? There's something extra special about it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. These look so yummy - I love mixing sour cream and salsa together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...