Tuesday, May 19, 2009

Crockpot Berry Cobbler

I love using my crockpot for soup/stews/roasts, etc., but for baked goods? I may have just found a new best friend. Especially as summer rolls around, there is a way to enjoy delicious cobbler without heating up your whole kitchen!




Crockpot Berry Cobbler - Modified from Fix-it and Forget-it Cookbook
{Print Recipe}

1 1/4 C flour, divided (can use whole wheat)
2 T + 3/4 C sugar, divided
1 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. cinnamon
1 egg (or egg white), lightly beaten
1/2 C skim milk
2 T olive oil
dash, salt
2 C raspberries (fresh or frozen; thawed and drained if frozen)
2 C blueberries (fresh or frozen; thawed and drained if frozen)

Combine 1 C flour, 2 T sugar,baking powder and cinnamon. Stir to mix well.


In another bowl, combine eggs, milk and oil.


Stir into dry ingredients until moist. Batter will be thick. Spray the slow cooker with cooking spray, and spread the batter evenly along the bottom of the crockpot.



Wash and drain berries.


In another bowl, combine salt, remaining flour and sugar and stir to combine. Toss in the berries and stir to coat. Spread berries over the batter.



Cook on high for 2-2.5 hr or until a toothpick comes out clean.


This recipe is ideal for a 5 qt crockpot. I made it in mine, which is only a 3 qt, and it worked out just fine.

Serves 6. One serving is ~260 cals, 4.5g of fat and 3g protein.

This post is linked to:
Tempt My Tummy Tuesday
Slow Cooking Thursday
Ultimate Recipe Swap
Ingredient Spotlight

12 comments:

  1. I've never been brave enough to try a dessert in the crock pot. I need to give it a shot. I watched Sandra Lee's new show this weekend and she made cheesecake in hers and it looked great. I need to be more daring with the crock pot because this looks great! Thanks for the award. Thats very sweet of you to think of me :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am always looking for recipes for my crock pot especially in the summer when it is so hot outside and I want to kick back at the shore and have great health foods but without the fuss. I will try this one for sure. Thanks for sharing as it looks delicious.
    Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks delicious! I love using my crockpot, but have never tried a dessert-type recipe in it. This sounds easy enough, though. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have to admit that I still have not tried a crock pot for baking dessert, but I really have to try. Thank you for the nudge. My crock pots are my best friends in the summer too! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm not a huge crock pot user myself, but this one looks like a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my this looks fantastic!! Thanks for visiting my blog and especially for this great recommendation! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This looks wonderful! I love unique crock pot recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love slow cooker recipes but have not made many desserts, this looks good :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I made this for dessert last weekend and it's absolutely wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love blackberries and cobbler. This is a wonderful recipe. Thanks for sharing. Please join me today for Tasty Traditions a recipe meme. Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...