Friday, May 15, 2009

Ranch Chicken Parmesan


In an effort to finish up some salad dressing in our fridge, and per recommendations of others in the blogsphere, we tried Ranch Parmesan Chicken.


This chicken is super moist, tasty and really easy to make. All things we love in our kitchen. And, to make it gluten-free, just use gluten-free bread crumbs (and make sure the salad dressing is GF too).


Ranch Chicken Parmesan - Modified from The Baking Beauties

2 chicken breasts
1/4 C Ranch salad dressing (we used fat-free)
1/4 C bread crumbs
1/8 C Parmesan cheese, grated
1/2 tsp. season salt (salt-free)
1/4 tsp. garlic powder
1/8 tsp. pepper

Marinade chicken breasts in salad dressing for at least an hour.



Make bread crumbs by taking 1 thick slice of bread and grating it in the blender. Measure out 1/4 C and freeze the other bread crumbs for later use.


Combine bread crumbs with cheese and seasonings and mix to combine.

Dip marinaded chicken (remove any extra dressing) in the bread crumb mixture.

Place chicken in a sprayed glass baking dish.

Bake at 400 for 30-35 minutes until internal temps reach 180 degrees F. Enjoy with veggies.

10 comments:

  1. I will definitely be trying this recipe next week! Looks yummy. I'm assuming I can use store bought bread crumbs? I always have some on hand for my meatballs. Quick question....I'm in the market for some new pots and pans for my birthday, any suggestions?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Thank You for this! This looks fantastic and I bet my family will love it.

    I will also try this one as soon as my oven is fixed (hopefully on Monday). I will probably use Panko Breadcrumbs, just because I love the crunch, but other than that will follow exactly.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sure thing, you can definitely use your favorite bread crumbs in place of making them (we make our own due to allergies)!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Super delicious. I used some crushed rice chex since I had just one skinny piece of bread left. Thanks for the awesome recipes!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You keep giving me the best recipes! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Question: In this recipe it calls for 2 chicken breasts. I'm also looking at your spreadsheet for the 5 Day Mini Meals and if I input for 4 people/servings it calculates to 1 lb chicken breasts with all of the same amounts for the rest of the ingredients. Is this correct?

    ReplyDelete
  7. @ Ccagle241 -

    I haven't looked at the spreadsheet from OAMM, but - 2 chicken breasts is about equal to 1 lb. or so depending on the size of the chicken. If your 1 1b. of chicken looks like it has more surface area, then go ahead and increase the other ingredients just a bit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also saw this recipe on OAMM and I'm curious about the freezing/reheating. Have you frozen these?

    ReplyDelete
  9. @Confessionsofahappymom -

    I haven't personally tried freezing and reheating them, but I know many folks who do OAM cooking have done it successfully. I would freeze them after baking/cooking, and then reheat them in the oven. Sorry that I'm not more help here!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi! I found this recipe through the Once a Month Mom website. I just wanted to say thanks for sharing! I made these a few weeks ago, put in the freezer, and fixed them this past weekend. I used 1.5 lbs tenders and had to increase the breading amounts. I froze them raw, in a single layer, then placed in a smaller pan. I thawed in the fridge, then baked and my kids were raving about them!! Just wanted to share my experience and give you a thumbs up. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...