Monday, May 18, 2009

Zucchini, Carrot and Black Bean Quesadilla


In an effort to eat more veggies and beans, I tried a new quesadilla recipe -- zucchini, carrots, black beans and cheese tucked warmly between two whole wheat tortillas. Delish.

Zucchini, Carrot and Black Bean Quesadillas

1 medium zucchini, shredded
1 medium carrot, shredded
1/4 C black beans
4 whole wheat tortillas
1/4 C colby jack cheese, shredded
salt and pepper to taste

Shred zucchini and carrots. Season with salt and pepper and saute under tender.


Add black beans and heat until warmed. Then, place half of the filling atop 1 tortilla. Sprinkle with cheese and cover with the other tortilla.


Cut quesadillas with a pizza cutter.


Makes 2 very filling quesadillas.


While I typically love beans in soups/stews, I love the chew and flavor they add to this quesadilla! Yum.

October Fest Carnival
Get more bean recipes by clicking the image!

This post is linked to Mouthwatering Mondays and Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Ingredient Spotlight

11 comments:

  1. Oh, that sounds tasty...and a sneaky way to get those veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This will be our dinner tomorrow!! I have all the ingredients. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thats a nice, healthy variation on the quesadilla, thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yummy I have a very similar recipe sans the carrots and instead has salsa. Yum!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I might have to have this for dinner really soon thansk for the recipe looks really yummy

    ReplyDelete
  6. I added red pepper and mushrooms... great recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a fabulous lunch! I LOVE black beans and I'm always looking for new ways to use them. Thanks for a delicious recipe. Next time I plan on adding some tomato and onion, because I have both on hand and love the flavor they add to food. Thanks again!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I added taco seasoned beef and then threw them on the griddle to toast both sides. They were delicious! And they were a great way to sneak some vegetables into my picky 2 year old. He loved them and ate the leftovers too!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...