Monday, July 13, 2009

What's Cooking?

I finally feel like I'm getting back to normal! My family was here last week, and we had a fantastic time (if you'd like to see photos, click here). We spent the first part of our time together visiting my in-laws, and the rest of our time back in our place playing games, going for walks, and of course, cooking! It was so fun to have my mom in the kitchen (and my sister too) with me :)



My mom is really where I got my cooking "gene" from. She's an AMAZING baker. Really. And, it was fun to share my tiny apartment kitchen with her. My sister is turning into quite the little chef herself... but most of her time is taken up learning how to become a nurse. I'm sure she'll enjoy cooking for herself more when she graduates in the spring!!

We enjoyed lots of yummy foods last week, and after taking it easy in the kitchen eating up leftovers after my family left, I'm ready for another week.

This week, we're cooking:

Chicken Pasta Salad (excellent warm or chilled)

Garden Veggie Calzones/Stromboli

Ham and Asparagus Lasagna

Brownie Oatmeal Cookies

Garden Quiche

Garlic Chicken and Spinach Spaghetti

Blueberry Zucchini Muffins (hopefully!)

Lemon Ice

Cheese Bread

Oh, and one more thing -- I've rearranged the recipes on the side bar to make it easier for you to find the recipes you might be looking for.... you'll see that desserts are now subdivided as are dinners! Let me know if there's anything else I can do to make finding recipes on this blog easier for you.

Thanks again for all your comments. As a cook, I love hearing how other people enjoyed (or didn't enjoy) the recipes you find here.

Happy Cooking!

3 comments:

  1. What no recipe for the brownie oatmeal cookies? They sound so delicous. Please share the recipe when you get time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it when my Mom comes to visit. Enjoy your time with her!

    ReplyDelete
  3. There is nothing better than a Moms cooking. Cherish her while you can. I would give anything to have my moms homemade chicken and noodles...

    I am going to give the cheese bread a try.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...