Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Whole Wheat Crepes



Whole Wheat Crepes - From Katie at Intentionally Katie

1/2 C whole wheat flour
1/4 C all purpose flour
1/8 tps. salt
1/8 C honey
1 3/4 C milk
2 eggs

Combine the dry ingredients and stir with a whisk to blend.

Lightly beat the eggs, and add the honey and milk, whisking to combine.



Whisk together the wet and dry ingredients. Batter will be thinner than pancake batter ;)



Preheat your griddle (or Katie recommends 2 frying pans), and lightly spray them with cooking spray before pouring roughly 1/4 C mixture onto the griddle (or into the pans).

Cook on one side for 3-5 minutes, and then flip the crepes over and cook on the other side for another minute or so.  Stack on a plate and set it in a preheated oven to keep warm until all the crepes are made.





Serve with fresh fruit, whipped cream, or homemade berry sauce!  Yum.



This batch made about 12 crepes. 

*If I were filling these with non-fruit fillings, I would likely decrease the honey because they are on the sweet side.

This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday and Foodie Friday!

12 comments:

  1. Crepes are delish!!! My recipe doesn't call for whole wheat, so this recipe is a must try. THANKS!!! Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is SO much healthier than the version I make. The ones I make are melt in your mouth delicious but they come with a heavy fat gram content with way too much butter. Love this alternative. Thanks for sharing. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yum yum yum! I feel some crepes coming on at my house!

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love crepes, but don't often make them at home. Maybe this is the recipe I need to try!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmmmm...I've made lots of crepes but I've never thought about making them with whole wheat flour. Interesting idea!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow! Hey, I can't remember the last time I had crepes..that's a little sad. But I didn't forget what they tasted like....and right now my stomach is rumbling!! Need to go make some of my own!

    http://yummyanonymous.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. These will be perfect for Sunday brunch!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love a good crepe! Haven't tried them with wheat before, but I think I'll have to remedy that real soon ;).

    Thanks,
    ButterYum

    ReplyDelete
  9. These look much thinner and lighter than I expected them to be. Your photos are wonderful. Can the crepes be frozen?

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well I never thought to make whole wheat crepes. Anything to make food healthier.

    I had been using the same background as you for the last 7 months and just recently changed it out. I still really like this one. They didn't have the banner at first but I requested one and they made it up in no time at all.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I was browsing for breakfast alternatives and I'm loving these crepes! I'll definitely give them a go!!!!

    Ana
    My (Newly)Wed Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...