Saturday, August 8, 2009

Herbed Green Beans

Fresh green beans are one of our favorite in-season eats.
 

Adding a hint of basil makes them a delicious way to enjoy veggies!




Herbed Green Beans - From Mom

Ingredients
  • Green beans, washed and ends pinched
  • Dried Basil
  • Butter, optional

Directions

Boil your green (and wax!) beans for 10 minutes until crisp-tender.  Drain and return beans to pan.



If desired, add a little pad of butter to your beans.  Otherwise, just sprinkle with dried basil.



Serve warm.



Enjoy!


This post is liked to:
URS: Eat Your VeggiesIngredient Spotlight

5 comments:

  1. I love fresh veggie from the garden. I didn't plant green beans this year, so I go to the growers market, I have never thought of adding basil/ I will have to try that next time. Geri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fresh green beans from the farmers market are so awesome! I have never cooked them this way- I'll have to try it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. They are very good at room temp with a little salt & pepper and olive oil & vinegar......

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum. We have lots of beans in the garden right now. I wish I could just pack up a bag of them and send them off to you to enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is right up my alley - easy! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...