Saturday, September 5, 2009

Black Bean Dip


In honor of the kick off to college football season {or, you know, any time you want a good appetizer!}, I am sharing a tasty Black Bean Dip recipe that is perfect for munchies during the game.


Black Bean Dip - Finding Joy in My Kitchen

1 can (14oz) black beans
1 T milk
2 T (heaping) of fat free sour cream
1-2 tsp. minced onion (to taste)
a couple shakes of garlic powder (to taste)
a pinch of salt and of pepper
1/8-1/4 C Colby Jack cheese, to taste

In a blender, puree the beans, milk, sour cream, and spices until smooth.



Remove the dip and place in a microwave safe dish, or in a mini-crockpot. Top with cheese.


Heat for about 1 minute (or on low/warm in the crockpot), stirring in the melted cheese.


Serve warm with chips or veggies. We love this dip with Tostitos Multigrain chips!


Happy Football Season!

Go Green! Go White!

This post is also linked to DipTacular, Monday MunchiesFrito-Lay Fall Football Recipe Link-Up and URS.

6 comments:

  1. This looks great and I love black beans. I'll try this as soon as it gets a little cooler.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh yum! It sounds delicious! I'm heading over to BooMama's now! Thanks :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just wanted to pop in and let you know your recipe has been chosen to be featured on tomorrow's edition of Monday Munchies at The Krazy Kitchen! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yum! I love all of these flavors:) Come try the Corn and Crab Spread that I posted today.

    ReplyDelete
  5. we love the super black bean. how is it possible that i haven't made black bean dip since my 6yo was eating baby food???? thanks for reminding me of this delish dip. think i'll try it with fresh garlic.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...