Thursday, November 5, 2009

Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins



This is a knock-off of my all time favorite zucchini dessert -- cinnamon zucchini cake. I used my no-oil muffin base, plus the spices from the cake recipe, and although I love the frosting, I thought frosting for breakfast might be a little overkill. The result, delicious cinnamon zucchini muffins!

Cinnamon Zucchini Muffins - Modified from Mom

1 recipe no oil muffins
1/2 tsp. cinnamon (yes, in addition to the base recipe)
1 C zucchini, shredded and water drained
1/4 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 C raisins

Make muffins according to directions, then add in zucchini and raisins along with spices.



Stir well, and bake in muffin tins for 20-25 minutes until a toothpick comes out clean. Enjoy!





These are the perfect muffin to make ahead and freeze. Why? They stay moist, and if you happen to have a little cream cheese frosting around, they quickly can become dessert cupcakes in a pinch :) Breakfast or dessert right in your freezer ;) Love it.

For more make-ahead meal ideas, visit Life as Mom's URS.

9 comments:

  1. These look wonderful - thanks for another idea for using all this zucchini! Your blog is just beautiful :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yum - these look delicious! Now if I can just find someone with a garden who has lots of zucchini to spare for me!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the use of zucchini to replace oil. These look really good.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My, I sure would like to have a couple of those right now with my coffee! They look soooo good!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Mmmm, this sounds wonderful and simple to make. You have tons of great recipes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Looks like a perfectly tasty way to start the day - yum!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Cinnamon and zucchini? Sounds perfect to me!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Zucchini bread-like baked goods are so delicious! I made a chocolate zucchini cake a while ago, which got my brother to eat his veggies! I love the abundance of cinnamon in these - my favorite spice!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Those look yummy. I love muffins, a lot. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...