Tuesday, October 6, 2009

French Bread Pizza



One of the wonderful ladies I have met through blogging recently told me how she created pizzas from our french bread recipe. They sounded delicious. So, we gave them a try. Ginny is a genius. They are amazing.


French Bread Pizza - From Ginny

1 recipe, French Bread
5-6 T tomato paste
1 tsp. Italian seasoning
toppings of your choosing: mushroom, pepperoni, green pepper, etc.
~1 C mozzarella cheese

Make bread in the bread machine and bake, allowing the bread to cool completely after baking (start the bread making process about 5 hours before you want to have pizzas).

Slice bread loaves into thirds lengthwise, and then in half to create thick slices.


Top each with tomato paste, and sprinkle with Italian seasoning.

Top with toppings of your choosing, and then, stick them in the oven to broil.



Broil for 5-10 minutes until cheese is brown and bubbly.



Enjoy warm.


This post is linked to Tasty Tuesday.

9 comments:

  1. My mom always made this for us whenever we had Italian/French bread left over. It was one of my favorites. So quick, easy, and pizza-licious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just found your blog this week and have really enjoyed looking through your recipes! I look forward to trying some of them! :-)Thanks for all your hard work on this site!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I make this too. If you want to switch it up a little, try using garlic bread instead of French bread. It's yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We made this years ago using Pepperidge Farm brown and serve loaves. I can imagine how good they would be with home made bread. Very nice recipe! Have a great day.

    ReplyDelete
  5. mari -- that's what we do here too. Toasty garlic bread turned into pizza. It's one of my son's favorite leftover lunches.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm loving this idea! Every Friday night is pizza night at our house and I'm always looking for a way to mix things up for it. We will probably try it this very week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum. Quick and easy. Perfect for homeschool lunches. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...