Friday, February 12, 2010

Crockpot Pork and Potatoes



This recipe is a different twist on traditional pork and potatoes!

Crockpot Pork Chops and Mustard Sauced Potatoes - Recipe adapted from Lindy

6 pork lion chops
1 T olive oil
1 recipe, cream of mushroom soup (about 1 can)
1/4 C chicken broth (or white wine)
1/4 C Dijon-style mustard
1 tsp. dried thyme (you can substitute 1 tsp. Italian seasoning)
1 garlic clove, minced
1/4 tsp. pepper
6 medium potatoes, cut into 1/4-inch slices

In a large mixing bowl combine wine/broth, Dijon mustard, thyme, garlic, and pepper.



Slice up the potatoes, and mix them with the soup.



Then, brown the pork chops in a frying pan.





Layer the potatoes/soup mix on the bottom of a well-greased crockpot.  Place the browned pork chops over the top.



Then, pour the Dijon sauce over the top of the pork chops and potatoes.



Cook on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-5 hours, until potatoes are tender and pork chops are tender and internal temperature indicates they are done.



Serve warm, with veggies!



This post is linked to:

7 comments:

  1. Looks yummy, I bet my hubby would just love this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks REALLY good! Thank you so much for visiting and leaving birthday wishes-Allie is so excited to read them all!
    xoxo Pattie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great pork recipe... I think I make far more pork than beef... This is why, can't wait to try this

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh how I love the crockpot. Such an awesome invention. And pork of course, which is always good when cooked IN the crockpot.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just put this in the crockpot and it already smells delicious. My six year old came in the kitchen and asked me what smells so good and if he can have some. I can't wait to try it tonight!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...