Friday, February 12, 2010

Cooking for Valentine's Day?!


I don't know about you, but the last place I want to be on Valentine's Day is out in a restaurant.  There are so many people, and oops... I didn't make any reservations!


Never fear.... Finding Joy in My Kitchen is here!



{Sweetheart Cake}

If you're looking for some fun menu ideas for your sweetie, look no further.  The recipes below are quick, easy, tasty and romantic -- meals that will allow you to show your loved ones they are special without spending the whole day in the kitchen yourself!  

How about a nice breakfast... maybe in bed, perhaps.  

May I tempt you with a a German pancake, topped with strawberry or cherry fruit sauce...



Or, looking to start your day with some yummy antioxidants?  Nothing says I love you like chocolate and cherries baked together in a muffin....


Or, perhaps a more traditional breakfast is what you desire.  A filling and delicate oatmeal pancake with berry sauce might be just what you desire.  







If breakfast leaves you a little hungry in the afternoon, you may be tempted to enjoy some afternoon munchies....

How about some cheese slices cut into hearts atop homemade wheat crackers or herbed butter crackers?


Or, maybe you're looking for a perfect compliment to a bowl of roasted red pepper soup.... 


And, a whole wheat soft pretzel will do the trick.  



They are, after all, nearly heart shaped.

Now, for that romantic candle light dinner for two... (or for the whole family)



Or, a special manicotti?



Or, a savory vegetable lasagna?


















Maybe a red sauce is not for you... might I propose a a tasty, simple, yet elegant Tuscan chicken perfectly paired with brown rice and steamed veggies?


Maybe you'd prefer an easy Crockpot Chicken Parmesan, accompanied by some Tomato Basil Bread, or classic French Bread, or no-knead fococcia bread?



And then, if your tummies still have room, delicious blends of chocolate and fruit await your taste buds....

A dearly-loved favorite, cherry coffee cake....





Maybe something a little more creamy is on the menu... this delicious desert is fondly referred to as "sin in a bowl".... 



Might I also propose some dark chocolate raspberry cake?

















Maybe, you prefer dark chocolate and cherries?  


Maybe you don't prefer fruit?  I bet you can be enticed with a cookie pie... 


Or, some healthy brownies?  These dark chocolate slices of heaven also make great homemade brownie sundaes!




Perhaps, all that is needed is a little sweet treat... if that's the case, I highly recommend dark chocolate covered cherries!


Not only are these meals tasty and can be tailored to the preferences of you and your honey, they are much cheaper than an elegant dinner on the town.  That's how we like to do Valentine's Day :)  

Hope you and yours have a truly special Valentine's Day!

Linked to: Strut Your Stuff - Valentine's Edition, Works for Me Wednesday.

11 comments:

  1. I love your recipes so much!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my goodness! It's all just so yum-alicious beautiful. My stomachs mind is in over load right now.
    Have a wonderful Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, everything looks absolutely delish!!

    Have A Happy Valentine's DaY!

    Blessings,
    Lynn

    ReplyDelete
  4. What great recipes! Thanks for posting all of these. I'm so hungry right now! And I agree...we avoid restaurants on Valentine's Day, too. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. No restaurants for us, but you can come cook for us anytime! I was going to try the crockpot fudge cake you posted a few days ago. I'm still thinking about dinner. I really need to try some new recipes soon that you have posted on here. I'm still eating from the pantry/freezer. Happy Valentine's Day!

    ReplyDelete
  6. OH ~ you're killing us with all those goodies ~ how to choose???

    ReplyDelete
  7. It all looks divine!

    Our V-Day meal plans for (the family) tomorrow:

    Breakfast: Pink pancakes (made with beet puree/ricotta), sausage, and fruit

    Dinner: Appetizers and Chocolate Fondue with strawberries and pound cake

    Enjoy your treats and your Valentine's Day too...

    ReplyDelete
  8. your descriptions sound absolutely devine! i can't make up my mind WHAT we are eating! But I'm sure it will be good we also do not go out on v-day b/c of the crowds!

    ReplyDelete
  9. You have done a fabulous job. Please send over one of each.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I don't even know where to begin! WOW!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...