Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Ooey Gooey Cake



This weekend we celebrated a slew of our friend's conclusion of graduate school with a lovely picnic!  (Read - I had an excuse to make dessert!).



After drooling over this cake over at Design to Shine's blog, I decided this would be the perfect pot-luck dessert.



Ooey Gooey Cake - Adapted from Design to Shine


Cake
1 pkg. yellow cake mix
4 T butter, melted
1 egg

Filling
8 oz cream cheese, softened
1 egg
1 tsp. vanilla
4 T butter, melted
1 1/2 C powdered sugar

Begin by mixing the cake mix, butter and egg together.



Mix until mix forms little balls of dough.  Then, spread/press into a lightly greased 9x13 baking dish.



Cream together the cream cheese, egg, powdered sugar and butter until well blended.



Add in the vanilla.



Pour the mixture over the crust.



Bake at 350 for 40-50 minutes, until lightly browned and set.



Cool before slicing to serve.



Yum.

10 comments:

  1. This looks delicious!! I'll have to find an "excuse" for making it soon! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. This looks delicious. I want to serve it with fresh strawberries!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. oh yummy! That looks delicious! And I am with Katie about the fresh strawberries! :) I think adding some fresh berries of any kind would make it oh sooo much more delicious. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Paula Deen has a recipe for a chocolate one and a pumpkin one. the choc. one is FANTASTIC!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I got this recipe from my mother in law. I had never had it until I met my husband. I've had a pumpkin one that is even better than the original kind. If you'd like that recipe email me and I'll gladly share it. It's SO bad for you but oh SO yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds like my type of cake. Looks so delicious! Send me a couple of pieces!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ooey and gooey is my favorite kind of cake. This looks like a great spring/summer recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I've seen this recipe before and wondered how it was. Thanks for the great pictures and recipe review! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh my gosh!! That looks sooooooooo good!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Yum! This looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...