Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Italian Turkey




This turkey was super easy and delicious and worked wonderfully for my sister's graduation open house!  You can use dried, packaged Italian seasoning, but homemade is much better :)

Italian Turkey - Mom

Turkey
1 turkey breast
1/2 C water

Italian Dressing Mix
1 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 T onion powder
2 tsp. oregano
1 T parsley
2 tsp. sea salt
1 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. thyme
1/2 tsp. celery flakes

Place the turkey breast into your crockpot.  


Mix up the Italian seasoning mix and then sprinkle it over the turkey.

Add 1/2 C water.

Cover, and cook turkey on low for 8-10 hours, or on high for 4-6 hours until internal temperature of the turkey reaches 180 degrees.

Remove the turkey from the crockpot and shred the meat.

Place the meat back into the crockpot, season with additional Italian seasoning, if desired, and moisten with juice reserved from cooking the turkey, if desired.

Serve atop wheat rolls, tortillas or even eat on it's own.  You can also serve it with BBQ sauce.



This recipe is linked to:

10 comments:

  1. That seems super easy to make and it's healthy. I really should invest in a slow cooker.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love making things like this! I love how this doesn't have the BBQ sauce in it so people can put on their own sauce. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. super easy... I am loving this (chicken stock instead of water though)

    LOVE the homemade Italian dressing

    will be making this soon

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is a great way to make turkey tender. And, it looks so versatile!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This looks so good! I cannot wait to make it. I love food like this. So versatile. Chicken will work right??

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this idea and did shredded chicken and beef for a graduation open house last year. I'll have to give the turkey breast a try. I like the Italian seasoning idea. I need to get a new crock pot though.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Scrumptious mixture!!!! I want some Turkey now!

    ReplyDelete
  8. WOW! I'm super stoked about this recipe! :) I'm always looking for good, simple crockpot recipes!! Thx for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. yum! i have done something similar with chicken. It turned out really well and I am always looking to incorporate turkey. Looks amazing.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...