Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Steak Fajitas


If you've been reading Finding Joy in My Kitchen for a while, you likely noticed we don't eat a lot of Mexican cuisine.  So, imagine my surprise when my hubby said -- "You, know, I think I'd like some fajitas".



Picking. Jaw. Off. The. Floor.

My non-Mexican food enjoying husband just requested Mexican.

Cool.

I decided to go simple... and what do you know - simple was pretty tasty!

Steak Fajitas - Finding Joy in My Kitchen
{Print Recipe}

Wheat Tortillas
Fajita Seasoning
1 lb steak, cut into strips
1/8 C beef broth
4 medium bell peppers, sliced thin
8 oz. mushrooms, sliced (optional)
2 garlic cloves, minced
Olive oil
Cheddar cheese, shredded

Place steak, broth, fajita seasoning in a crockpot.  Cover and cook on low for 6-8 hours, or on high for 4ish hours until meat is tender and internal temperature is hot enough.

When meat is ready, saute sliced peppers in a bit of olive oil.  Add in mushrooms and galrlic and saute until mushrooms are tender.      


Serve steak on wrapped in a tortilla with sauteed veggies.  Top with cheese.


Enjoy!



We really enjoyed this recipe, and the leftovers!  For me, what made the dish, was the slow-cooked beef.  It was so nice and tender, it made the fajitas easy to chew and almost melt-in-your-mouth!!

Photobucket


12 comments:

  1. It never would have occurred to me to cook the steak in the crockpot, thanks for a fantastic tip!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I sure hope your husband liked them! They looks super good.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks good! Did you make the tortillas too?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Combining my two favorite things--Mexican with the Crock Pot! I'll definitely have to try this soon.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the steak in the crockpot idea--nice for tougher cuts of steak that might not stirfry as well. Thanks for another great idea :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. YUM! I love Mexican food and have been craving fajitas!! Thanks for a great recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Based on the photo, it looks like the fajita was a hit! What a fun change.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It looks good....but, I have to have my sour cream dollop in there or some guac..otherwise, its not going to make me happy!...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Guess I never noticed that you never eat Mexican before. It's a staple at our house and those fajitas look perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Where have I been??? Love your new look!!!

    Those fajita's look really good also.

    ReplyDelete
  11. We tried these tonight for dinner - we made them on the stove top rather than the crock pot, but it worked just fine. Very delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...