Monday, November 22, 2010

From the Archives: Granola




Not long after Frog Prince and I got married, we started making our own cereal for breakfast.  Our favorite breakfast to this day remains granola.  For those of you like me with a nut allergy, granola from the stores is off-limits, so I was delighted to try my hand at making my own granola.


I am pretty sure we've made almost a batch a week every week since 2007.

I buy oats in bulk, making them just under 4 cents an ounce, which makes this breakfast option affordable too.


There's just something scrumptious about this granola that keeps us coming back to it again and again.


I love how versatile it is -- have it with ice cream, in applesauce, over yogurt, with or without milk, with dried fruit or fresh -- it's wonderful.  In addition, I love having it around for a topping on apple crisp, apple pie, or even holiday sweet potatoes.  Yum, yum.

Enjoy this week's peek into the archives!



Photobucket

2 comments:

  1. Can I ask where you buy your oats in bulk?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes -- we've found buying them at Sam's Club/Costco to be the best. They sell huge boxes of Quaker Oats -- and are priced better there than they are even with sales/coupons in the store.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...