Tuesday, February 15, 2011

Honey Mustard Stir Fry



There are just some nights when Frog Prince and I crave a plate full of veggies.  Does that ever happen to you?  


Great.  I knew we were strange.  

We wanted a stir fry of sorts, but didn't have anything good to marinade the veggies with as we were out of soy sauce and every non-cream based sauce recipe calls for, you guessed it, soy sauce.  


Urg.  

So, we went with what we had.  

Frog Prince mixed up a spicier version of the sauce -- mustard, honey, water, cornstarch, pepper... lots and lots of pepper.  


I went with a more dainty and less sweat-producing sauce of simple mustard and honey.  


Drizzled over the sauteed veggies and served with brown rice, it was a delicious {and quick} dinner.  


Honey Mustard Stir Fry - Finding Joy in My Kitchen

1 medium bell pepper (we used half yellow, half orange)
1 large handful of sweet pea pods
1 (14oz) bag of frozen veggies (cauli, broccoli and carrots)
1 T olive oil
2 T spicy brown mustard
2 T honey

Begin by chopping the veggies and sauteeing them in olive oil for about 5 minutes.  


While the veggies cook away, combine the mustard and the honey in a small bowl.  


Mix until blended and then set aside.  


When the veggies are crisp-tender, or done to your liking, serve them atop a bed of brown rice.

\

Drizzle the honey mustard sauce over the top of the veggies.  


Then, enjoy your plate full of veggies.


Mmm.



Photobucket


This post is linked to Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Mouthwatering Mondays.

13 comments:

  1. I can't say that I ever crave a big plate of veggies, but I wish I did. It would be so much better for me then that bowl of ice cream!! :)
    I love the idea of just a plan honey mustard sauce for a stir fry...it sounds so delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My kids and I are huge veggie fans! My husband...not so much! This would be great for lunch one day for the kids and I! I never would have thought to use a honey mustard sauce, but I love the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes there are times when I do crave a big ol plate of veg. These look like they'd satisfy that craving too! Great idea with the mustard sauce, I bet it was nice & bright & fresh, just perfect with veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this! It looks and sounds delicious. I'm a huge fan of mustard and honey too so have to try this. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  5. looks quite tasty, Usually on Mondays I am carving a nice healthy bowl of veggies.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This looks delicious! Consider this on my list ...

    ReplyDelete
  7. I definitely crave platefuls of veggies, but the hubby?? No way! :) This look super delicious!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I get cravings for veggies too, lots of veggies! My family thinks I'm weird. I love this honey mustard stir fry - looks delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm so glad you were out of soy sauce! :) I think this is a great discovery. I find that most of my stir fries are of the Asian soy-sauce variety, and that can get a little boring. This looks like such an interesting twist. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  10. That sounds really good and the pictures are so pretty! I often crave a platefull of veggies!

    ReplyDelete
  11. holy cow this looks good! its 9 am and my tummy is craving this!

    thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Being a vegan....I often crave full plates of veggies. What a great idea plus soy sauce has a ton of salt. Have you ever tried quinoa? Use it instead of rice and you have a complete protein!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...