Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Chicken Spinach & Mushroom Skillet




Mushrooms and spinach are such a delightful pair.  When I saw this chicken and spinach dish from Jenny it immediately made it on our menu.

We absolutely loved this dish -- and we can't wait to make it this summer when we can break out the grill and grill the chicken!!


Chicken Spinach and Mushroom Skillet - Adapted from Love Being in My Southern Kitchen

4 chicken breasts
Montreal Chicken/Steak seasoning
3 C fresh spinach, washed and trimmed
16 oz. fresh mushrooms, sliced
1-2 tsp. olive oil
Shredded cheese (we used Mozzarella, Provolone, Asiago and Parm mix)

Begin by sprinkling the seasoning over the chicken.  We used about 1 T.


Place the chicken into a skillet coated with olive oil.  Cook over medium heat for about 15 minutes, 7 minutes/side, until chicken is close to 180 degrees.  Alternatively, grill the chicken breasts.

When the chicken is almost done, add the mushrooms to the skillet and saute for 2-3 minutes.


Then, add in the spinach.


Cook these veggies until the liquids from the mushrooms evaporates and the chicken reaches 180 degrees.



Remove the dish from the heat, sprinkle the chicken breasts with cheese.  Cover and allow the cheese to melt.



Serve warm with brown rice and steamed veggies.


Enjoy!



Photobucket

Linked to: Slightly Indulgent Tuesday, Tasty Tuesday (1), Tasty Tuesday (2), Tempt My Tummy Tuesday, Full Plate Thursday, Recipe Round Up, Family Friendly Friday, Fun with Food Friday, Friday Flair. Ingredient Spotlight

13 comments:

  1. Looks delicious! I'll have to add this recipe to my "to try when the hubby is away" list, since he won't eat mushrooms. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looks good! Spinach must be on the brain, we've been eating it since last week! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. perfect combo and healthy too! thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. My hubby would love this, he's all about spinach and mushrooms! I'll have to make a batch for his lunch I think :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. It looks healthy and delicious!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a lovely entree. Your photos of the chicken are wonderful and I suspect this is a dish that tastes as good as it looks. I hope you have a great day. Blessings...Mary

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yum! I love the chicken, spinach and mushroom combination.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This looks great! My kind of dinner! YUM!

    ReplyDelete
  9. My husband loves mushrooms and we love chicken of all kinds. This dish would make him very happy!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This looks simple and delicious. I am always looking for ways to use fresh spinach. Can't wait to try this one!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Good Morning Sno White,
    I just love your dish. It has so much flavor and good for you ingredients. I will be making this recipe real soon. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you next week!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a healthful and delicious dish! :) THanks for sharing.

    I'm hosting a wonderful tea sampler GIVEAWAY! Come check it out when you have time.

    http://utry.it/2011/04/two-leaves-and-bud-tea-company-product.html

    Amy
    http://utry.it

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...