Monday, March 28, 2011

Whole Wheat Carrot Zucchini Cake


Even though the snow piles in our yard are still here, it is officially SPRING.


One of my all-time favorite spring desserts is this whole wheat carrot zucchini cake with cream cheese frosting.



In addition to the veggies in this cake, using whole wheat flour and applesauce adds a great deal of nutritional goodness to this dessert.  It's hard to feel bad eating a slice, knowing I'm getting carrots, zucchini, apples and whole grains in every bite.  


If you're looking for a great Easter dessert, this is it!  It's been a hit every time we've made it.  

Recipe Link: Whole Wheat Carrot Zucchini Cake


Photobucket


Linked to: Totally Tasty Tuesday, Sweet Tooth Friday, Sweets for a Saturday, Saturday Night Special, Ingredient Spotlight

7 comments:

  1. oh my goodness... this looks so yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great, healthy combination. That is my kind of cake.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Sno,
    Long time no see, so glad you stopped by! This recipe looks delicious. I gave up sweets for lent but I could almost sneak this one in claiming to be getting in my veggies :-)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, healthy and delicious. I'm in! Bookmarked this one for the near future.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh yum!! You won the giveaway on my blog. Will you send me your information to tiffaneeg@yahoo.com so I can get it sent to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. nice cake ...looks very very inviting..love your foodblog and the wonderful recipes displayed here..
    proud to follow u..:)
    check out mine sometime..
    Tasty Appetite

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, it is hard to believe it's spring! Here in New Jersey it's still quite cold, but we are getting some sun and my chives and sage are poking through in the containers from last year. This recipe looks great. Can't wait for the summer zuchinni abundance to try it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...