Thursday, June 9, 2011

Crockpot Baked Beans

With all the heat fired up across the country, grilling is probably the preferred way enjoy dinner without heating up the kitchen.  However, that poses a problem... what to serve with the grilled goodies that doesn't heat up the kitchen?  Try these crockpot baked beans.


What I love about this recipe - it doesn't rely on canned baked beans.  Instead, it uses basic ingredients to make a delicious baked bean.


Crockpot Baked Beans - Adapted from Eat at Home


4 cans white beans {pinto, navy beans}
1/3 C molasses
1/3 C brown sugar
1 tsp. dry mustard
2 T minced onion
2 T bacon bits
1/4 C ketchup
2 T apple cider vinegar

Rinse and drain the beans.  Place them into a lightly greased crockpot.


Add the onions and bacon bits.


Stir in the vinegar, mustard, ketchup, molasses and brown sugar.



Cover. Cook on low for 3-4 hours.


Stir occasionally during the cooking process.


Serve warm!

10 comments:

  1. Those look really delicious and really easy. My kind of recipe for sure!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm! I can almost smell them cooking! :) Thanks for a great crock pot recipe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness! These look incredible. I love almost any bean, especially baked. When I was little I used to eat them right out of the can-much to my mothers dismay! I can't wait to make them. Thanks for a great post!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This recipe also does not have ham, pork, or related items. I may purchase a crock pot just so I can make these!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! You have received the Versatile Blogger award! To claim your award please visit this post: http://juleen76.wordpress.com/2011/06/09/versatile-blogger-award/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yummy!! Love these with grill food:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These look so creamy and delicious. Perfect grilling side.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I totally love baked beans and I LOVE making them in the crockpot! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOVE baked beans! Can't wait to try these!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love anything that can go in the crock pot on these hot days! I am going to try this at our next family get together!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...