Thursday, June 23, 2011

Italian Chive and Onion Pasta Bake


If I chose a favorite cream cheese flavor... it would be chive and onion.  I just love it.  When I saw a recipe that combined chive and onion cream cheese with pasta, tomatoes, spinach and chicken, I couldn't resist.


The result was a tasty, and uniquely flavored pasta dish that my non-cream cheese loving husband even enjoyed.  

Italian Chive and Onion Pasta Bake - Adapted from Saving Money Living Life

8 oz. rotini pasta
1 medium onion, chopped
10 oz. spinach
1 1/2 C cooked and diced chicken/turkey
14 oz. Italian-style diced tomatoes, drained
8 oz. cream cheese
2 T minced onion
2 T chives
1/2 tsp. pepper
1/4 tsp. salt
1 C shredded mozzarella cheese

Begin by preparing the rotini {or any pasta of your choosing} according to package directions.  Drain and set aside when done.


Stir the cream cheese, minced onion, chives, pepper and salt together.


Add this cream cheese mixture to the pasta.


Then, add in the chicken, onion and spinach.


Stir in the Italian diced tomatoes.


If you don't have Italian diced tomatoes, make your own!


When mixed well, pour into a lightly greased 9x13 glass baking dish.


 Sprinkle with shredded mozzarella.  Bake at 375 {covered with a cookie sheet - saves tinfoil!} for 30 minutes.  Remove the cookie sheet and bake about 15 additional minutes until cheese is lightly browned and bubbly.


Enjoy!

9 comments:

  1. I'm so glad to see FP enjoyed this dish! We loved it when we made it, too. In fact, I'm going to add this to our menu again soon...it was soo good and easy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks so yummy I will be trying this one, thanks for sharing!!:0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I might need to make this very very soon!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Sno White,
    This dish will be a big hit with my family. We will really enjoy your recipe. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and I look forward to seeing you again real soon.
    Have a great week end!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a great make-ahead meal for entertaining. I'll bet the cream cheese makes a wonderful, creamy sauce.

    Family Fresh Cooking and I would love if you linked up this recipe & any 2 other entrees in this weeks Get Grillin’ event posted on both of our blogs. We have a fabulous Ile De France Cheese giveaway. You just need to link up on one site. http://bit.ly/jjM7Qg

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my goodness, I just found your blog today and am now a follower of yours! This looks simply incredible and I have just got to make it! I'd love it if you could stop over to my blog and link this recipe up on my weekend foodie blog hop: Fresh Food Friday or Seasonal Saturday! What a great addition! Have a blessed weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oye, that looks so delicious! Love that you use cream cheese with the spinach and onions, it sounds so good :D

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...