Tuesday, July 12, 2011

My Nephew's Birthday Cake

Frog Prince and I just arrived home yesterday from a trip out to meet our nephew.

{Frog Prince and I with Little O}

We live over 1000 miles away, and this was the first opportunity we had to visit!

{Frog Prince, his sister and Little O}

We had so much fun together... it was hard to leave.


One of the reasons we scheduled our trip for July was to celebrate Little O's first birthday together!


My sister-in-law asked me to make the birthday cake, so on Friday I was busy making this little guy cute :)


I had quite a fun time making the cake -- it was my first time ever using pastry bags and icing tips!  It was not as intimidating as I thought :)  



I'm pretty sure he enjoyed it!



I'll be sharing a few more photos and recipes from our trip in the coming days -- including a new cherry pitting tip I learned while in cherry country!

Linked to: I'm Lovin It! Finer Things Friday

9 comments:

  1. Love it! You did a great job! My cake for my daughter's bday came out good too, but I still don't care for making cakes, perhaps it is because we really don't enjoy eating them. Her smile and excitement was worth all the effort though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's super cute! You did a great job! Glad you had such a nice trip....visits to see family are always too short, aren't they. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. He is sooooo chweet! Its always nice to spend time with family which is rare in this hectic world....glad u had a wonderful time...and wonderful job on that cake.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love it!! And your nephew is adorable. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great Job!!!! My youngest daughter loves monkeys!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's adorable!! I've made most of my kids' cakes, and I know just how much TIME is required. It's so satisfying to see it turn out great. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. The cake is almost as adorable as the little boy. Almost. You did a great job on it. What a special trip for you and Frog Prince. Nephews are the best.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...