Thursday, July 21, 2011

Simple Chicken Sandwich

I used to look forward to chicken sandwich day when I was in grade school. 

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Every couple of weeks, my mom would change up our lunch sandwiches from our traditional PB and J or turkey/ham variety for one of these yummy sandwiches.

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Simple Chicken Sandwich

Ingredients

  • 1 (13 oz) can of chicken
  • 1/4 C Mayo {I love the olive oil version}
  • 1/4 C Sweet Pickle Relish
  • Bread of your choosing

Directions

Open the can of chicken and pour into a container you can keep in your fridge.

Chicken

Using a fork, separate/shred the chicken pieces. 

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Add in the mayo and sweet pickle relish. 

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Stir to combine.

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Cover and refrigerate until cool. 

Spread a slice of bread with the chicken mix.

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Top with an additional slice of bread.  If desired, you can add lettuce/spinach and tomato to the sandwich. 

Chicken Salad Sandwich

Enjoy!


Chicken Salad Sandwich & Green Beans

  Linked to: Full Plate Thursday

5 comments:

  1. i love how simple and easy this is! perfect for during the week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always loved mom packed lunches

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simple ingredients that work so well together! Love this!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken salad sandwiches have always been a favorite. I make some this week with left over chicken, mayo, onions and carrots. So yummy!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh Sno White,
    There is nothing like the comfort food from our childhood. I can't tell you the number of times that I have enjoyed a similar sandwich made by my Mother, a beautiful memory. Thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday and hope to see you again real soon. Have a great week!
    Miz Helen

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...