Tuesday, November 15, 2011

Pumpkin {Dark Chocolate} Cheesecake Ice Cream

My husband has been saying I’ve been making too many pumpkin sweet potato recipes lately.  I think it’s impossible to have too many fall flavored recipes.  And, certainly even more impossible when you combine it with ice cream. 

This ice cream is a new favorite of mine.  My sister too.  She came over for dinner and made me email her this recipe before she left.  I have a feeling you’ll enjoy it too. 

Pumpkin Cheesecake Ice Cream

Ingredients

  • 1 C pureed pumpkin {or pureed sweet potato}
  • 1/2 C sugar {heaping, just a bit}
  • 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp. nutmeg
  • 1/8 tsp. ginger
  • 6 oz. cream cheese, cubed & at room temperature
  • 1 C half & half
  • 1/2 C milk
  • 1/2 tsp. vanilla
  • 2 sheets of graham crackers, crushed coarsely
  • 1/2 C dark chocolate chips, chopped

Directions

Place the pumpkin {or sweet potato} puree into a blender.

Add the spices – 1/2 tsp. cinnamon and 1/8 tsp. each nutmeg & ginger. 

Add the 6 oz of cream cheese, in cubes, to the blender. 

Add the 1/2 C sugar, and 1/2 tsp. vanilla, then blend. 

If your blender is large enough, add the 1 C half & half and 1/2 C milk.  If not, add as much as you can.  Blend. 

Pour into your frozen bowl of the ice cream maker.  Make for about 15 minutes, according to the manufacturers directions. 

Meanwhile, prepare the graham crackers & chocolate.

Mix in the graham crackers & dark chocolate chips and allow the ice cream to mix for about 5-7 minutes. 

Serve right away, or freeze until later.

This was F.A.N.T.A.S.T.I.C.  A decadent dessert – one where you can truly just have a 1/2 C serving and leave it at that. 

If you missed yesterday’s post – be sure to check it out… bacon-infused turkey & gravy!  This post is part of a week-long series to help you get ready for Thanksgiving. 

Linked to: Talent Show Tuesday, Totally Tasty Tuesday, Recipe Linky Wednesday

6 comments:

  1. YUM! You know I'm pinning this one...delicious! Can you believe I still haven't broken out my ice cream maker yet?!? This recipe just might be the one that makes me crack open the box! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. The perfect excuse to eat ice cream all year long!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You can't have too much ice cream, especially if it's fall flavored. This looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my! this sounds so delicious. My ice cream maker broke and I haven't replaced it yet. I might have to add it to my Christmas list just so I can make this ice cream.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hubs is wrong, you can never have enough sweet potato or pumpkin recipes! This looks great.

    ReplyDelete
  6. oooh my goodness.. that looks sooo yummy... i must try... I am your newest follower.. If you would like to check out my blog to that would be so great, and follow me back and facebook too. I will be doing free giveaways here shortly on clothing and mineral makeup :)

    -Thanks
    Brooke
    blushboutiquestyle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...